Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Naruto 598 & Bleach 504 *SPOILERS*


This post contains spoilers.  Lots and lots of spoilers.  You have been warned.  

Naruto Ch. 598



Ok, with a last page like this, if Kishimoto-sensei doesn't finish out this reveal in the next chapter, I'ma fly all the way to Japan to administer a good old-fashioned ass-whoopin'.  For a while now, my number one suspect for Tobi's true identity has been Izuna Uchiha (that's Madara's bro if you have lost track of the names), so all this hinting that he might actually be Obito... Hmm... a girl has to think on this.

Ok, so here's the criteria that I used when coming up with my guess for Izuna.  Oh, and I'm sure that people have been discussing this in forums all over the interwebs, but I cbf to look them up, so sorry if I'm just rehashing things that have been talked about a zillion times.

1.  Tobi must be someone who has had some sort of mention in the story.  I mean, that would be some pretty shitty writing if Tobi loses the mask, and he's all, "Oh hey!  I'm Bob.  Konnichiwa, bitches!"  So, it has to be someone we've heard of.  Otherwise, the reveal has no impact.

2.  Tobi is someone who is presumed dead.  I think the characters in the story would have noticed someone mysteriously disappearing every time Tobi shows up to wreak some havoc.  Also, again we have the impact factor.

3.  Tobi was alive when the real Madara was.  I based this one on the fact that he knew so much about Madara's life.  Maybe that one was a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't really discard it since it pointed to Izuna, which seemed likely enough.  I guess this one isn't an absolute must though.

So anyway, Kishimoto-sensei seems to be pointing the finger at Obito Uchiha now.  Of course, this could be misdirection.  I suppose we'll find out soon enough.  If Tobi is Obito, I think I kinda like that.  It could open some new doors.  It would be an interesting development for Kakashi.  Not to mention that I'm curious as to what could make Obito go all "down with existence."  Hopefully, this next chapter will answer a lot of questions.  Though I wonder...maybe he'll putz around with the next chapter and save the reveal for the big 600.  Ya think?


Bleach Ch. 504




Ah, so finally we see a little bit of Yamamoto's and Sasakibe's pasts.  Well, you know what?  Too effin' late, Kubo-sensei!  Sasakibe is dead, and I can't say that I gave two shits when he died.  This would have been so much more meaningful a couple hundred chapters ago.  Sasakibe was probably the most under-developed character in the whole series.  Hell, I don't even remember his name actually being said in the manga until he friggin' died.  Stupid... Anyway, I guess it was interesting to see this stuff, even if it was horribly late.

I'm so ready for Bleach to get on with it.  I mean, the arc with Ginjou and the Execution was promising.  I thought we were about to find out all about Isshin.  Now, all that has been left in the dust in exchange for... Quincies?  That miraculously survived the purge?  For centuries?  Undetected?  That are worlds above even Captain-level shinigami?  Kind of a stretch, don't you think?  Granted, Kubo-sensei didn't plan this stuff from the start.  I remember hearing somewhere that he wanted the series to end with Aizen's death after the great battle at Karakura Town, but like Akira Toriyama with Dragon Ball, he was pressured into continuing the series.  Which brings me to another point.  He intended for Aizen to die at the end of that battle, not be locked up for 20,000 years.  I think the fact that Kubo-sensei left Aizen alive is significant.  He has to have a hand in all this, doesn't he?

Anyway, I've rambled enough.  Tune in next week for more inane blabber!

No comments:

Post a Comment